Why use Carmichaels Garage Conversions for your Garage Conversion?
For a friendly professional service use Carmichaels Garage Conversions to convert your garage into the living space you require.
- Meet the one of the directors for a quick site survey and an initial quote who will personally manage the conversion of your garage.
- We offer guidance and advice. There’s no such thing as problems, just different solutions
- Carmichaels have over forty years building experience
- Wer fully CRB checked
Our service includes building regulations and administration.
- Carmichaels can also manage the planning application if required for no extra charge.
- All electrical and gas installation work are ECA, Part P and Gas Safe certificated complying with current building regulations
- Carmichaels are members of the Federation of Master Builders (FMB) (disclore Jason in the FMB SWales director) and European Builders Confederation (EBC), Nationonal House Building Council ( NHBC), Safe Contractor and Contractor Plus.
- Insurance backed warranty option
- References available on request
Planning and building regulations
- Do I need building regulations?
In a word yes. Building regulations are there for your protection, and to ensure that all work is carried out to current standards set out by Building control. A garage conversion completed without Building regulations could have repercussions when at a later date you decide to sell. Building control has the power to make you reverse any work which is deemed illegal.
- How do I get Building Regulations?
You don’t, we do. As part of our service we will deal direct with Building Control, from confirmation of commencement of work, interim inspections to completion. Building control costs can be included in our package if requested.
- Do I need planning permission?
In most cases no. On first contact with the local authority we will ask them to confirm in writing that planning permission is not required. Should you need planning permission we will engage a local architect to complete scale drawings which will be submitted to the local council. This process can take between 6 - 8 weeks. This service is not covered by our package so an additional charge will be made to obtain planning permission on your behalf.
- Corgi and Part P?
On completion of your garage conversion any gas or electrical work that has taken place during the project will require certificates to prove the work has been completed by a qualified trade’s person. We will obtain these certificates and a copy will be presented to you and Building control at the end of your project.
- We are here to help
Carmichaels Garage Conversions can offer you the full support you need for your garage conversion. From planning and design, dealing with Building Control requirements to choosing the right finish. We offer the complete package which is fully guaranteed.